Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pitta, Pitta, Pitta me

Hi all. I am back from my trip. Lots of exciting news...Brad, my son got engaged!!!
How did I do with my Ayurvedic adventure you might wonder? Truth be told, I tried to fit in some of the new routine, but by the end of the trip I was anxious to get home. It definitely showed up in my digestive track.  The first thing I did upon return was to brew my digestive tea. This brew works wonders and I would like to share the recipe from my Ayurvedic class with you.

Fill a pot with water   (6-8 cups). Add @ a tsp. of coriander seeds, @  a tsp of fennel seeds, and @ a tsp of cumin seeds. Bring to a boil and let boil for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and steep another 10 minutes. Drink throughout the day and enjoy! I keep it in a thermal carafe. I love the fragrance of the herbs as the aroma fills my kitchen.

The extreme heat that we on the East coast are experiencing is kicking my Pitta. Much Gratitude for air conditioning. How do you cope with the heat???

2 comments:

  1. Jan,

    Thanks for posting the recipe for the tea.

    I looked back at my notes, but I couldn't find it.

    I just added it to my Evernote Ayurveda library, where I'll always be able to find it.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete