Friday, August 13, 2010

Ahhhhh!!!

I've taken the challenge...a 21 day meditation challenge from the Chopra center. I'm on day 2. David G has such a calming and soothing voice...I have always enjoyed his guided meditations. As part of my morning routine of rising early, meditation calms me for the day. So far we have done a mindfulness meditation and a centering breath meditation. For me, the centering breath meditation has always given me the best results in calming the "monkey chatter." I wonder if my mantra from TM in the 70's will come back to me?
I've noticed that in rising earlier, I have the time to take care in the morning and do the neti and the oil massage. Adding the daily meditation and exercise/yoga will encourage me to rise even earlier. I seem to be sleeping better too! I am ready to go to sleep by 9:30 or 10:00 P.M. Also, because of this I am not wanting to watch TV. But after the summer, the best shows are on at 10:00. I guess I will either give it up or learn to DVR.
Have an ecstatic day!

No comments:

Post a Comment